A type of federally insured mortgage product for individuals who want to rehabilitate or repair a damaged home that will become their primary residence. In addition to the funds to cover the purchase price of the house, the FHA 203(k) loan provides the money needed for repairs and related expenses as part of the loan.
- Repair/replace/upgrade roofs, gutters & downspouts, existing HVAC
- systems, plumbing, & electrical systems, existing flooring.
- Minor remodeling (non-structural) repairs
- Exterior and interior painting
- Appliances including free-standing ranges, refrigerators, washers/dryers,
- dishwashers and microwaves
- Improvements for accessibility for persons with disabilities
- Environmental mitigation
- Modifications involving disturbance of pre-1978 paint surfaces
- Lead-based paint abatement
- Repair/Replace exterior decks, patios, porches, fencing
- Basement finishing and remodeling (not involving structural repairs)
- Basement waterproofing